JNTU Exam Papers,IV B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Embedded Systems, June 2007
1. (a) What is an embedded system? Why is it so hard to define?
(b) List the applications of embedded systems.
2. (a) Build a 2-input NAND gate using a minimum number of CMOS transistors. Explain with truth table.
(b) Build a 2-input NOR gate using a minimum number of CMOS transistors. Explain with truth table.
3. Write short notes on the following:
(b) Device programming
(c) Instruction set
4. Explain the need of special architecture for pipelining and parallelism.
5. Briefly discuss three computation models commonly used to describe embedded systems and their peripherals.
6. Explain the concurrent process model implementations.
7. List and describe three general approaches to improving designer productivity.
8. (a) Explain the three types of cores such as hard, soft and firm cores.
(b) Show the correspondence of the three types of cores with Gazki’s Y-chart.