JNTU Exam Papers,II B.Tech I Sem,February 2008 MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
( Common to Civil Engineering and Metallurgy & Material Technology)
1. Managerial Economics is the application of Economic Theory to business management. Discuss.
2. What are the various methods of demand forecasting. Evaluate various survey based demand forecasting methods.
3. Define production function. How is it helpful while taking output decisions?
4. (a) What are the principal differences between monopoly and perfect competition?
(b) Supplement your answer with appropriate diagrams in both the cases.
5. Define a Joint stock company and explain its basic features.
6. (a) What is the need for capital budgeting?
(b) How do the discounting models overcome the limitations of non-discounting models?
7. Explain the following adjustments and illustrate suitably with assumed data.
(a) Closing stock
(b) outstanding expenses
(c) Prepaid Income
(d) Bad debts.
8. (a) From the following information, calculate
i. Debt Equity ratio
ii. Current ratio
Debentures 1,40,000 Bank balance 30,000
Long term loans 70,000 Sundry Debtors 70,000
General reserve 40,000
Bills payable 14,000
Share capital 1,20,000
(b) Calculate Interest Coverage ratio from the following information.
Net profit after deducting interest and taxes 6,00,000
12% Debentures of the face value of 15,00,000
Amount provided towards taxation 1,20,000
|Long term loans||70,000||Sundry Debtors||70,000|