JNTU Exam Papers,I B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations,Introduction to Computers, Aug/Sep-2008
1. (a) What is a microprocessor? Give some examples?
(b) Distinguish between the following:
i. Line printer and Laser printer
ii. Floppy disk and Hard disk
iii. Address bus and Control bus
2. (a) Give various features of distributed operating system.
(b) Write the following numbers in BCD
3. (a) Define the following with examples:
i. C tokens
(b) Define a constant. Mention the different types of constants and give their general form with an example.
(c) Differentiate Constants and Variables
4. (a) What are embedded structures? Give an appropriate example for embedded structure.
(b) What is the need for an array of structures? Explain with an example.
(c) When do you use pointers to structures? Explain with an example.
5. (a) Write an algorithm for Bisection method.
(b) Find the root of the equation
x2−4x−10 = 0 using Newton Raphson method.
6. (a) Solve the following system of equation by Gaussian Elimination method.
x1 − x2 + x3 = 1,−3x1 + 2x2 − 3x3 = 6,
2x1 − 5x2 + 4x3 = 5.
(b) Write an algorithm for Gaussian Elimination method.
7. (a) Write an algorithm to implement the linear least squares formulae.
(b) An experiment gave the following table of values for the dependent variable y for a set of known values of x. Obtain an appropriate straight line y=a+bx.
X 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Y 5.5 7.0 9.6 11.5 12.6 14.4 17.6 19.5 20.5
8. (a) Given that
X 4.0 4.2 4.4 4.6 4.8 5.0 5.2
log(x) 1.3863 1.4351 1.4816 1.5261 1.5686 1.6094 1.6487
Evaluate 5.2R4logx dx by Simpsons 3/8 rule.
(b) Solve dydx= x+y, y(0) = 1, using Runge – kutta 4th order method to find y(.5) and y(1) using h = 0.5