JNTU Exam Papers,I B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, English, Aug/Sep-2008
1. Explain in detail the manifold uses and advantages of biogas.
2. Computers have changed the entire outlook of the developing countries. Attempt an essay on the past, present and future of computers in developed countries.
3. Write an essay on ‘The Two Faces of Technology’.
4. It was said that Jagadish Chandra Bose was in many ways much ahead of his times. Do you subscribe to this statement? Substantiate your stand in the light of the achievements of Jagadish Chandra Bose.
5. Discuss the efforts of Deborah Thiagarajan in making the river pollution free.
6. What is the role of a psychologist in an industry?
7. (a) Complete the following sentences with blanks with one of the words that follow:
i. We cannot eat this food; it is – – – – –
ii. I prefer seeing the film – – – – – reading.
(b) Give the synonyms of the following words:
(c) Give the antonyms of the following words:
(d) Correct the errors in the following sentences:
i. She counted the books to make sure that none of them were missing.
ii. you are late again, isn’t it?
8. Write a technical report on the possibility of starting a newspaper in your city in the local vernacular language. Discuss readership issues, layout and possible profits. As part of the body of the report, compose a few questions for the questionaire you have devised and some oral interview questions as well. Draw logical conclusions and recommendations.