JNTU Exam Papers,I B-Tech ,Introduction to Computers,Aug/Sep-2008
JNTU Exam Papers
1. (a) Enumerate various components of computer and give an example to each.
(b) Describe various input and output devices briefly.
2. (a) Give various features of multiprocessor operating system.
(b) What is BCD code? Give an example.
(c) Convert the following numbers into decimal.
3. (a) Write and explain the structure of a C program.
(b) Write a program to find the roots of a quadratic equation for all the cases.
4. (a) What is Union? Discuss with examples.
(b) Write a program to delete a particular character in a given string.
5. (a) Write an algorithm for Bisection method.
(b) Compute the real root of xlog10x = 1.2 which lies between 2 and 3 correct to 3 decimal places using Bisection method.
6. Solve the following system of equations using.
(a) Jacob’s and
(b) Gauss – Seidal iteration methods.
7. (a) Write an algorithm to implement the linear least squares formulae.
(b) An experiment gave the following table of values for the dependent variable y for a set of known values of x. Obtain an appropriate straight line y=a+bx.
X 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9Y 5.5 7.0 9.6 11.5 12.6 14.4 17.6 19.5 20.5
8. (a) Use Runge-Kutta method of order four to obtain an approximate solution to the differential equation.
dydx= y-x +3, y(2) =1 at the points x=2.2 and x =2.4 Taking h = 0.2.
2R0e?x2 dx using Simpsons rule.Taking h = 0.25.