JNTU exam papers B.Tech IIIrd sem Examinations,Information security, Aug/Sep 2008
JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
1. (a) “Gaining control over the Routing tables at layer 3 is one of the attacks” –
explain how Route tables modification is crucial.
(b) Explain how Buffer overflow is created for any known platforms (eg., WIN-DOWS NT / LINUX).
2. (a) Compare AES cipher versus RC4 encryption algorithm.
(b) Compare and contrast SHA-1 and HMAC functions.
3. (a) Explain the procedure involved in RSA public-key encryption algorithm.
(b) Explain what Kerberos is and give its requirements.
4. (a) Compare and contrast the key management in PGP and S/MIME.
(b) Write about how PGP messages are created.
5. (a) What are the security services provided by IPSec at the IP layer?
(b) Explain Authentication header protocol in detail?
6. (a) Discuss in detail the messages exchanged during the phase of handshake protocol used to establish the security capabilities that are associated with it?
(b) Explain how SSL record protocol provides basic security services to various
higher layer protocols?
7. (a) Draw the figure indicating the relationship among the different versions of
SNMP by means of the formats involved. Explain.
(b) Discuss in detail the advanced anti virus techniques?
8. (a) With a neat diagram explain the working principle of packet-filtering router?
(b) What is a reference monitor? What are the rules that it has to enforce?
Discuss its properties?