JNTU Exam Papers Applied Chemistry May/Jun-2008
JNTU Exam Papers
1. Discuss briefly the following:
(a) Estimation of hardness of water
(b) Dis-infection of water.
2. Write short notes on:
(a) Ion-exchange method
(b) Scales and Sludges.
3. (a) Explain the following factors influencing the rate of corrosion.
i. Nature of corrosion product
ii. Position in electrochemical series
(b) Differentiate between dry corrosion and wet corrosion.
4. (a) Explain the following:
i. Alkali Cleaning
ii. Mechanical cleaning.
(b) Describe the principles involved in electro plating.
(c) Anodized coating is preferred for Aluminium – Give Reasons.
5. (a) Differentiate between elastomer and plastic.
(b) Which rubbers are used in the preparation of automobile parts? Discuss their
manufacture and vulcanization.
6. (a) Define Refractories and what are the criteria of a good refractory?
(b) Give the classification of refractories with suitable examples.
7. (a) What is meant by blended oils? Explain the functions of various additives added to the lubricants?
(b) What are viscosity & viscosity index of lubricating oil?
8. What are the chemical constituents of Cement? Discuss the function of each constituent.