JNTU Question Papers
Electrical and Electronics Measurements 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. Explain in detail the Permanent magnet moving coil mechanism with construction
and temperature compensation. [8+4+4]
2. (a) With neat diagram explain the principle and working of AC voltmeter.
(b) An AC voltmeter calibrated for sine wave is used to measure a ramp voltage
waveform rising to a peak value of 6 V in 3 m.sec. Determine the percentage error. [8+8]
3. Explain in detail the working of stair case Ramp DVM, giving the block diagram.
Compare its performance with other types of DVMs. [8+4+4]
4. (a) Compute the value of self-capacitance of a coil when the following measure-
ments are made; at f1 = 2MHz, the tuning capacitor is set at 450 pf. When the frequency is increased to 5 MHz, the tuning capacitor is tuned to 60 pf.
(b) Draw the block diagram of the RF milli voltmeter. Explain its working. [6+10]
5. (a) With neat block diagram explain the working function of each block of general
(b) Mention the advantages of general purpose oscilloscope. [10+6]
6. (a) Explain the working functions of each block of a sampling oscilloscope in full
(b) Compare the merits and demerits of sampling oscilloscope. [10+6]
7. (a) With a block diagram explain AF sine -square wave oscillator.
(b) Explain the different front panel controls of a signal generator. Give the specifications with typical values. [10+6]
8. (a) Draw and explain the temperature compensated crystal oscillator circuit.
(b) List the suggestions to be followed to attain maximum accuracy in a frequency
(c) Explain the basic principle behind the extension of frequency range of counter.
JNTU Electrical and Electronics Measurements Question Paper