JNTU Question Papers Electrical and Electronics Measurements 1st Sem Nov 2008
JNTU Question Papers
Electrical and Electronics Measurements 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. (a) Explain Tant-band suspension. 
(b) Draw the schematic, including values for an Ayrton shunt for a meter movement having full- scale deflection of 1mA and an internal resistance of 500 to cover the current ranges of 10, 50, 100 and 500mA. [5+5]
2. (a) Draw the block diagram of a true RMS measuring instrument and explain its
(b) A symmetrical square wave voltage of maximum value EM and time period T
is applied to an average responding AC voltmeter with a scale calibrated in terms of the RMS value of a sine wave. Calculate the error in meter indication.
3. (a) How can one select Digital volt meter? What are the outstanding qualities to
make the selection? [3+3]
(b) Classify the Digital voltmeters. Explain the operating principle of one of the
above Digital Voltmeters. [2+8]
4. Write a notes on sources of error encountered in capacitance measuring meter.
Explain parasitic inductance, resistance and capacitance. [4+4+4+4]
5. (a) Explain the working operation of differential deflection amplifier for an oscilloscope.
(b) Give the specifications of CRO. [8+8]
6. (a) Explain the working function of each blocks of a digital storage oscilloscope.
(b) How does the digital storage oscilloscope differ from the conventional storage oscilloscope using a storage CRT? What are the advantages of each? [8+8]
7. (a) With the help of a block diagram explain an audio-range wave analyzer.
(b) Explain the applications of spectrum analyzer. [8+8]
8. (a) Draw and explain the logic diagram of a time base used for a frequency counter.
(b) Draw and explain the input signal processing circuit for the frequency counter.
(c) Define gating error. [8+6+2]
JNTU Electrical and Electronics Measurements Exam Paper Nov 2008