JNTU Question Papers
Chemical And Bio-Thermodynamics 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. Pressures up to 3000 atm are to be measured with a dead-weight gauge. The piston
diameter is to be 1/8 in. What is the approximate total mass of “weights”which
must be provided for use with this guage? [8+8]
2. Write short notes:
(a) Write the efficiency of the gas-turbine power plant.
(b) Explain about the working of turbojet power plant with a neat sketch. [8+8]
3. Develop the property relations appropriate to incompressible fluid, characterized
by the behavior that both ? and ? are zero. 
4. (a) Write the fundamental excess property relation.
(b) Write a note on hydrogen bonding and charge transfer complexing. [8+8]
5. Explain Formulation of vapour liquid equilibrium. 
6. (a) Describe the thermodynamic criteria for a reaction top proceed in a homoge-
(b) Derive the relation ship between the equilibrium constant and the standard
Gibb’s free energy change. [8+8]
7. (a) Explain the Gaden classification from stoichiometric point of view the product
formation in fermentation processes.
(b) The following stoichiometric equation describes penicillin systhesis
1.5Glucose+H2SO4+2NH3 + phenyl acetate! Pencillium G + CO2+8H2O
the theoretical yield of pencillium is 1.2g/(gram of glucose). Find out the
molecular weight of pencillium G. [8+8]
8. Describe variations in cellular composition with different types of organisms.