JNTU, B.Tech,I-Semester, MICROBIOLOGY, November 2008
1. Discuss the discoveries of Redi, Needham, Spallanzani, and Ferdinand in disproving
the theory of spontaneous generation.
2. Describe the structure and chemistry of flagella in Bacteria.
3. What are RNA viruses? Explain with suitable examples.
4. How does a bacteriophage introduce its nucleic acid into host cell.
5. What is a virus particle or virion? How it is different from living organisms
6. Briefly summarize the ways in which microorganisms obtain nitrogen, phosphorus
and sulfur from their environments.
7. Write short notes on:
(b) Simple staining.
8. Explain the use of physical methods in control of microorganisms growth.