JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, MICROPROCESSORS AND MICRO CONTROLLERS, Apr/May 2008
JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, MICROPROCESSORS AND MICRO CONTROLLERS
(Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Draw the maximum mode block diagram of 8086 processor and explain its function.
2. (a) What is a MACRO? How do you pass parameters to MACROs?
(b) Write a program to implement FOR loop using instructions of 8086. [8+8]
3. (a) Explain the basic steps involved in an A/D converter
(b) Explain the block diagram of an ADC 0808/0809. [8+8]
4. (a) Explain the Static Ram interfacing
(b) Interface TWO 4KX8 EPROMS and two 4K X 8 RAM chips with 8086.Select
suitable memory map. [6+10]
5. (a) Draw the internal block diagram of 8251 and explain about each block in
(b) Distinguish between Synchronous and Asynchronous data formats. [10+6]
6. (a) Explain the following instructions?
i. ANL P0, #0Fh
ii. CPL A
iii. CLR ACC.5
iv. XRL add, #n
(b) Write 8051 program to OR the contents of ports 1 and 2, put the result in
external RAM location 0102h. [8+8]
7. (a) Write 8051 program to initialize timer 1 in mode 1.
(b) Write 8051 program to generate 2 kHz square waves on pin P1.0 of port 1
using Timer 0 auto reload mode. [8+8]
8. (a) Interface the 7-segment displays in time-multiplexing and display select method
and explain the same.
(b) Write a 8051 program to control the operation of a 7-segment displays with
time multiplexing and display method. Assume that the 7-segment codes for
the characters to be displayed are at 40,42,44,46H respectively in the internal
RAM. Whereas, the cathode select codes for each of the displays are at
41,43,45,47H respectively. [8+8]