JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, Computer Graphics Apr/May 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. List the operating characterstics of
(a) Raster refresh systems
(b) Vector refresh systems
(c) Plasma panel
(d) LCDs. [4×4=16]
2. (a) Use the mid-point method to derive a decision parameter for generating points along a straight line path with slope in the range 0 <m <1.
(b) Use the mid-point method and symmetry considerations propose a solution to
scan convert the parabola. x=y2 for the interval – 10 _ y _10. [8+8]
3. (a) Describe the transformation which reflects an object about an arbitrary line L.
(b) What is the relationship among rotation (R_) , inverse rotation (R?_) and coordinate rotation (R1_). [8+8]
4. (a) Give a brief note about two dimensional viewing functions. Give an example
which uses two dimensional viewing functions.
(b) Explain the Cohen-Sutherland line clipping algorithm. [8+8]
5. (a) Classify the reflections. What are the characteristics of each? Illustrate with suitable figures.
(b) Describe the Phong illumination model. Explain the parameters used in phong’s model. [8+8]
6. Derive the transformation which aligns the vector V = I + J + K such that it aligns with vector K along Z-axis. 
7. (a) Write an algorithm to that would test a given plane surface against a rectangular area to decide whether it is a surrounding, overlapping, inside or outside surface.
(b) Distinguish depth-sort and z-buffer algorithms. [8+8]
8. Explain the steps involved in transforming a sphere into a specified polyhedron.