JNTU B.Tech Examinations, DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING,
DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Explain the architecture of a typical data mining system
(b) Discuss the issues regarding data warehouse architecture. [8+8]
2. Explain various data reduction techniques. 
3. Write the syntax for the following data mining primitives:
(a) The kind of knowledge to be mined.
(b) Measures of pattern interestingness. 
4. (a) How can we perform attribute relevant analysis for concept description? Ex-
(b) Explain the measures of central tendency in detail. [8+8]
5. (a) Discus about Association rule mining.
(b) What are the approaches for mining multilevel Association rules? Explain.
6. (a) Explain decision tree induction classification.
(b) Describe backpropagation classification. [8+8]
7. (a) Discuss about binary, nominal, ordinal, and ratio-scaled variables.
(b) Explain about grid-based methods. [8+8]
8. A heterogeneous database system consists of multiple database systems that are
defined independently, but that need to exchange transform information among
themselves and answer global queries. Discuss how to process a descriptive mining
query in such a system using a generalization-based approach.