1. Explain the terms:
2. (a) Explain the analysis of cryolite flux.
(b) In detail discuss the salient points in analysing iron blast furnace slag.
3. Discuss the procedure in determining silicon in plain carbon steels.
4. (a) What are the main reactions which are involved while determining tungsten in steel.
(b) Explain the process of determining nickel and iron by electrolysis.
5. (a) Explain the different methods of assaying ores having reducing power.
(b) Give the method of assay of ores containing nickel and cobalt.
6. (a) Draw and explain the working principle of fisher electrophotometer.
(b) Explain with neat sketch an instrument which incorporates photo electric cells.
7. (a) Draw and explain the working principle of Cambridge potentiometer.
(b) Explain the nature of mass spectra and fragmentation pattern.
8. Explain the working principle of Pulfrich photometer with neat sketches.