GTU Mine Development Syllabus
GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
B.E Semester: 3
Subject Code 132202
Subject Name Mine Development
Sr.No Course contents
1. Different methods of entering into a deposit to be worked out by
underground mining Adit, Shaft, incline shaft, incline, decline. Their merits
and demerits and applicability, optimum location of shaft.
2. Horizontal Development Small and medium size, drifting and tunneling :
Shape, size and gradient of drives and tunnels. Conventional method of
drifting Drilling blasting, loading and transport of muck support, ventilation
drainage. Drivage work in varying ground conditions using conventional
3. Fast drivage and tunneling using jumbos, bores, trackless mucking and
transportation units, description and details of machines, Large size drives
and tunnels : Different methods of driving.
4. Vertical Development Conventional method of raising by raise climbers,
long hole raising of driving.
1. Elements of Mining Tecchnology, D.J.Deshmukh Part I, II & III
2. A Study of Metalliferous Mining methods, Y.P.Chacharkar
3. Universal Mining School- Part I & II
4. Coal Mining, B.Ghosh
5. Open cast Mining, B. Ghosh