Design and Analysis of Algorithms JNTU syllabus
Design and analysis of Algorithms Syllabus for JNTU
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, HYDERABAD
III Year B.Tech. CSE -I Sem T P C
4+1* 0 4
DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF ALGORITHMS
UNIT I :
Introduction: Algorithm,Psuedo code for expressing algorithms,Performance Analysis-Space complexity, Time complexity, Asymptotic Notation- Big oh notation, Omega notation, Theta notation and Little oh notation,Probabilistic analysis, Amortized analysis.
UNIT II :
Disjoint Sets- disjoint set operations, union and find algorithms, spanning trees, connected components and biconnected components.
UNIT III :
Divide and conquer: General method , applications-Binary search, Quick sort, Merge sort, Strassen’s matrix multiplication.
UNIT IV :
Greedy method: General method, applications-Job sequencing with dead lines, 0/1 knapsack problem, Minimum cost spanning trees, Single source shortest path problem.
UNIT V :
Dynamic Programming: General method, applications-Matrix chain multiplication, Optimal binary search trees, 0/1 knapsack problem, All pairs shortest path problem,Travelling sales person problem, Reliability design.
UNIT VI :
Backtracking: General method, applications-n-queen problem, sum of subsets problem, graph coloring, Hamiltonian cycles.
UNIT VII :
Branch and Bound: General method, applications – Travelling sales person problem,0/1 knapsack problem- LC Branch and Bound solution, FIFO Branch and Bound solution.
UNIT VIII :
NP-Hard and NP-Complete problems: Basic concepts, non deterministic algorithms, NP – Hard and NPComplete classes, Cook’s theorem.
TEXT BOOKS :
1. Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms, Ellis Horowitz,Satraj Sahni and
Rajasekharam,Galgotia publications pvt. Ltd.
2. Algorithm Design: Foundations, Analysis and Internet examples,
M.T.Goodrich and R.Tomassia,John wiley and sons.
1. Introduction to Algorithms, secondedition,T.H.Cormen,C.E.Leiserson,
R.L.Rivest,and C.Stein,PHI Pvt. Ltd./ Pearson Education
2. Introduction to Design and Analysis of Algorithms A strategic approach,
R.C.T.Lee, S.S.Tseng, R.C.Chang and T.Tsai, Mc Graw Hill.
3. Data structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++, Allen Weiss, Second
edition, Pearson education.
4. Design and Analysis of algorithms, Aho, Ullman and Hopcroft,Pearson
5. Algorithms – Richard Johnson baugh and Marcus Schaefer, Pearson