CA Final Exam Papers Group II Information Systems Control and Audit May 2011
CA Final Exam Papers Group II
Information Systems Control and Audit May 2011
This Paper has 21 answerable questions with 0 answered.
Total No. of Questions — 7] [Total No. of Printed Pages — 7
Time Allowed : 3 Hours Maximum Marks : 100
Question No. 1 is compulsory.
Answer any five Questions from the remaining six questions.
1. XYZ Industries Ltd., a company engaged in a business of manufacturing and supply of electronic equipments to various companies in India. It intends to implement E–Governance system at all of its departments. A system analyst is engaged to conduct requirement analysis and investigation of the present system. The company’s new business models and new methods presume that the information required by the business managers is available all the time; it is accurate and reliable. The company is relying on Information Technology for information and transaction processing. It is also presumed that the company is up and running all the time on 24 x 7 basis. Hence, the company has decided to implement a real time ERP package, which equips the enterprise with necessary capabilities to integrate and synchronise the isolated functions into streamlined business processes in order to gain a competitive edge in the volatile business environment. Also, the company intends to keep all the records in digitized form.
(a) What do you mean by system requirement analysis? What are the activities to be performed during system requirement analysis phase?
(b) What are the business risks that an organization faces when migrating to real time integrated ERP system?
(c) What are the points that need to be taken into account for the proper implementation of physical and environmental security in respect of Information System Security?
(d) What is the provision given in Information Technology (Amended) Act 2008 for the retention of electronic records?
2. (a) Discuss the policies and controls that any financial institution needs to consider when utilizing public key infrastructure. 8 (0)
(b) Describe the benefits of performing a technology risk assessment. 4 (0)
(c) Why do you think a separate standard (SAS 70) is useful for auditing a service organization especially with respect to examination of general controls over Information Technology and related processes? 4 (0)
3. (a) As an IS Auditor, discuss the various contents in brief to be included in a standard audit report. 8 (0)
(b) What are the characteristics of Executive Information System? 4 (0)
(c) Discuss the various backup options considered by a security administrator when arranging alternate processing facility. 4 (0)
4. (a) Explain the common threats to the computerized environment of an organization. 8 (0)
(b) Describe the role of an IS auditor in the evaluation of physical access control. 4 (0)
(c) What are the tasks for which the company should be ready for post implementation period of an ERP System? 4 (0)
5. (a) An organization is audited for effective implementation of ISO 27001 – Information Security Management Standard. What are the factors verified under
(i) establishing management framework?
(b) Enumerate the characteristics of a Computer Based Information System. 4 (0)
(c) Describe the duties of certifying authorities under Section 30 of Information Technology (Amended) Act 2008. 4 (0)
6. (a) Discus in brief the various functional areas to be studied by a system analyst for a detailed investigation of the present system. 8 (0)
(b) As an IS Auditor, explain the types of information collected for auditing by using System Control Audit Review File (SCARF) technique. 4 (0)
(c) What are the audit tools and techniques used by an IS Auditor to ensure that disaster recovery plan is in order? Briefly explain them. 4 (0)
7. Write Short notes on any four of the following: 4×4=16
(a) Business applications of Expert systems for Management Support systems. (0)
(b) Firewalls. (0)
(c) Delphi technique for risk evaluation. (0)
(d) Capability Maturity Model. (0)
(e) Authentication of electronic records in Information Technology (Amended) Act 2008. (0) –