Bioinformatics (Elective-II) Exam Papers Andhra University
B. Tech (CSE) Degree Examination
Forth Year – Second Semester
Effective from the admitted batch of 2004-2005
Time: 3 hrs
Max Marks: 70
First Question is Compulsory
Answer any four from the remaining questions
All Questions carry equal marks
Answer all parts of any question at one place
1. Explain the following:
a) Folding Problem
d) Positional Cloning
e) Identity and Similarity
g) Hidden Markov Models
2. a) What is broinformatics? Explain the importance of bioinformatics?
b) What are the application areas of different analysts methods?
3. a) Explain the structuze of SWISS-PROT entries.
b) Why create secondary databases?
4. a) Explain GenBank.
b) What is the importance of specialized genomic resources?
5. What is GenBank? Explain the structure of GenBank entries
6. a) Explain Central Dogma of Molecular biology with neat diagram.
b) Describe features of DNA sequence analysis
7. a) Write about BL4ST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool)
b) Explain the Needleman and Wunsch algonthm for global alignment
8. a) Define Mulnple sequence alignment? What is the goal of Multiple sequence alignment?
b) Explain simultaneous methods and progressive methods for multiple alignments?