Artificial Intelligence Exam Papers Andhra University
B. Tech (CSE) Degree Examination
Forth Year – First Semester
Effective from the admitted batch of 2004-2005
Time: 3 hrs, Max Marks: 70
First Question is Compulsory
Answer any four from the remaining questions
All Questions carry equal marks
Answer all parts of any question at one place
1. Explain the following (14)
(a) Examples of decomposable and non-decomposable problems
(b) Means-End Analysis for problem solving.
(c) Non monotonic reasoning
(d) Hierarchical planning.
(e) Expert System shells.
(f) Advantages of depth-first search
(g) Admissibility of a heuristic function
2. (a) What is Artificial Intelligence. Explain how an AI system is different from a conventional computing System. (7)
(b) Distinguish between data, information and knowledge. Present an overview of knowledge representation methods. (7)
3. (a) What are the different steps to solve an AI problem. Explain. (5)
(b) What is a production system? Explain with an example. (4)
(c) Discuss the Water Jug problem as state space search. (5)
4. (a) With a suitable examples illustrate how do we represent simple facts in logic? (6)
(b) Assume the facts
Steve only likes easy courses
Science courses are hard.
All courses in the arts Department are easy.
TL 301 is an arts department course.
Use resolution to answer the question which course would Steve like? (8)
5. a) What is a partitioned semantic net? Construct a partitioned semantic net for the following statements?
(i) The dog bit the mail carrier.
(ii) Every dog has bitten every mail cairier (7)
(b) Describe the constructs of Frame & Scripts.
6. (a) What are the requirements for a good control strategy?
(b) Illustrate the sterpesh-ascent hill climbing technique in detail. (5)
(c) Apply constraint satisfaction algorithm to a Crypt arithmetic problem. (4)
7. (a) What is the difference between natural language understanding and generation explain?
(b) Derive the parse tree for the following sentence by making use of an appropriate grammar.
Rama killed the demon. (7)
8. (a) With a block diagram. explain a simple model of an expert System architecture. (5)
(b) Explain the concept of case based reasoning. (4)
(c) Differentiate Forward and Backward reasoning techniques. (5)