ANNA UNIVERSITY VI SEMESTER B.E. COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
C++ AND .NET FRAMEWORK
Time: Three Hours Maximum: 100 marks
Answer All The Questions
PART A – (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
1. Discuss .NET namespaces.
2. What is an assembly.
3. Use a diagram and briefly discuss the evolution of C# language.
4. Distinguish clearly between value types and reference types in C#
5. Give examples where fallthrough is allowed and is not allowed in the switch.
6. What is the difference between ref and out parameters ?
7. Differentiate between read-only members and constant members.
8. What are sealed classes?
9. How is the finally statement used ?
10. What are multicast delegates ?
PART B – (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (i) Discuss different ways in which C# is different from Java.
(ii) Use some of the unique features of C# to develop a simple application. Use features that will make the application more difficult to develop in other languages.
12 a. (i) Describe in detail the architecture of ASP.NET
(ii) Describe in detail the steps involved in writing a simple web service.
12 b. (i) Describe a simple Windows Forms example.
(ii) Discuss the web service support in Visual Studio .net.
13.a (i) Draw appropriate diagrams and discuss the various components of the .NET platform and the architecture of the .NET Framework.
(ii) Explain the use of variable arguments list with an appropriate programming example.
13.b (i) Briefly discuss the Common Language Runtime and its components.
(ii) Explain clearly the difference between jagged arrays and rectangular arrays with appropriate program examples.
14.a Explain clearly the use of indexors. Use a simple student information system as a programming example.
14.b Explain clearly the use of interfaces (used instead of multiple inheritance in C#). Use a banking system as a programming example.
15 a. Explain in detail, using an appropriate programming example, the use of events
15.b. Explain in detail, using an appropriate programming example, the use of exceptions