ANNA UNIVERSITY :: CHENNAI – 600 025
MODEL QUESTION PAPER
B.E. / B.TECH. DEGREE PROGRAMMES
CE071 PRINCIPLES OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Time: Three Hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer All The Questions
PART – A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What are the different components of eco system?
2. List the different Biogeo chemical cycles in the environment.
3. List the different natural and man made impacts on the environment.
4. Define policy cycle.
5. Differentiate between trickling filter process and activated sludge process.
6. What are the issues addressed by Montreal Protocol and Kyoto Protocol?
7. List out the factors on which the amount of waste generation depends.
8. What are the different modules of green chemistry expert system (GCES)?
9. Define the polluter pays principle.
10. Give a very important, current environmental issue, which creates a major
problems to the environment.
PART – B (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11. Explain the concept of “Sustainable Development”.
12.a) What are the components of the environment? Explain their inter – relationship.
12.b) What are the causes and effects of air, water and land pollution? Enumerate a few
remedial measures. 13.a) Define sewage and explain the municipal sewage treatment process.
13.b) i) Explain the importance of protecting Biodiversity.
ii) Explain different methods of air pollution control.
14.a) Write detailed note on waste minimization.
14.b) Explain the concept of clean technology, Eco- mark and Green chemistry?
15.a) Explain in Detail the Role of non-government organizations on the environment.
15.b) Explain in detail the process of EIA.