ANNA UNIVERSITY :: CHENNAI – 600 025
MODEL QUESTION PAPER
B.TECH. INFORMATION TECHNOLGY
IF364 – MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS
Time: Three Hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer All The Questions
PART – A (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
1. Define multimedia. State the elements of multimedia.
2. What is bitmap? Sate the different ways of making bitmap.
3. Name few locator input devices.
4. Give an account on multimedia workstation.
5. Differentiate DDE and OLE?
6. State the issues to be considered in Multimedia presentation?
7. What are the main topological features of FDDI?
8. Name the tools of collaborative computing.
9. What are the characteristics of real time systems?
10. Write about quick time
PART – B (5 x 16 = 80 Marks)
11.i) Explain with neat diagram the various functions of multimedia development systems. (6)
ii) Differentiate between MIDI and Digital Audio (5)
iii) Explain the working of Video with neat diagram. (5)
12.a) Write notes on the following
i) SCSI (6)
ii) IDE (4)
iii) MCI (6)
12.b) Account on the following:
i) CD Technologies ii) Communication Devices (8+8)
13.a) Discuss in detail about the various multimedia authoring tools. (16)
13.b)i) Explain image editing tools in detail. (8)
ii) Account on multimedia document architecture (4)
iii) Give a brief note on NHEG standard. (4)
14.a) How will you manage resources during Multimedia Transmission – Explain. (16)
14.b) Discuss in detail about the notion of Synchronization. (16)
15.a)i) Explain the characteristics of MDBMS (10)