Database Management System (For Computer Engineering, University Of Mumbai) by Safa Hamdare, Bhavesh Pandya, Aseem Kumar Sen
Written Strictly as per Mumbai University syllabus, this book provides a complete guide to the theoretical as well as the practical implementation of DBMS concepts including E-R Model, Relational Algebra, SQL queries, Integrity, Security, Database design, Transaction management ,Query processing and Procedural SQL language. This book assumes no prior knowledge of the reader on the subject.
|Audience of the Book :|
|This book Useful for Computer Science Engineering student.|
1. Large number of application oriented problem statements and review exercises along with their solutions are provided for hands on practice.
2. Includes 12 University Question paper for C.E. department (Dec '08 - May '14) with solutions to provide an overview of University Question pattern.
3. Lab manual along with desired output for queries is provided as per recommendations by Mumbai University.
4. All the SQL queries mentioned in the book are performed and applicable for Oracle DBMS tool.
|Table of Contents:|
1. Introduction to Database Concepts
2. Entity-Relationship Data Model
3. Relational Model and Algebra
4. Structured Query Language
5. Integrity and Security in Database
6. Relational-Database Design and Normalization
7. Transactions Management and Concurrency
8. Query Processing and Optimization
9. Solved Questions from Previous Exams
10. Lab Manual of DBMS
11. Mumbai University Exam Papers 2008 to 2014