The revised and updated Fifth Edition gives an in-depth and incisive analysis of the basic principles of strategic management. The exposition of these principles is reinforced by seven case studies that encompass the broad spectrum of Indian companies. These case studies are culled mainly from manufacturing and information technology, and include both private and public sector units. The case studies will be of immense help to the budding managers as well as provide them with the requisite practical orientation for understanding the strategic management issues.
The inclusion of the concepts, theory and case studies in a single, compact volume is the main feature of the book, which makes the subject easier to understand and learn.
Intended primarily as a textbook for postgraduate students of management and commerce, this book is of immense help to all those attending management development and executive development programmes.
This book Useful for Management & Commerce students.
Section I: Introduction to Strategic Management
1. Basic Concepts of Corporate Strategy
2. The 7-S Framework
Section II: Board of Directors and Corporate Responsibility
3. Corporate Governance
4. Code and Laws For Corporate Governance
5. Social Responsibility
Section III: Environmental Landscape Analysis
6. External Environmental Analysis
7. Internal Corporate Analysis
Section IV: Strategy in Action
8. Strategy Formulation
9. Strategy Implementation
10. Evaluation and Control
Section V: Strategic Enablers
11. R&D and Strategy
12. IT and Strategy
13. Knowledge Management
14. Strategic Risk
15. Other Strategic Issues
1. HMT Machine Tools Division—Strategy at Crossroads
2. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited—On The Right Course?
3. Ace Designers—Going Global?
4. HMT Watches—On The Way Out
5. Global Marketing in Wipro— Growing in Strength
6. Infosys Technologies Limited—Truly Global
7. The Indian Airline Industry—Will The Flight Be Smooth?