Strategic Management : Concepts, Skills and Practices
| About The Book Strategic Management
Keeping in view the requirement of various management schools and professionals, this book presents dynamically changing policies, strategies, business models, frameworks and practices of corporate enterprises in India and abroad in an interesting and stimulating manner. The concepts are structured around the decision making process with suitable examples to enlighten students and managers with practices and techniques of making business strategies in todays competitive environment. The book includes 13 real-life Indian cases to provide an invaluable opportunity to the readers to apply their theoretical knowledge in solving business problems by analysing strategic issues of specific organizations. Besides management studies, the text will also prove useful to the students of commerce and allied areas.
KEY FEATURES :
Discusses new paradigms of managing challenges in corporate enterprises.
Includes a separate chapter on strategies of Mergers and Acquisitions.
Highlights strategy execution and implementation factors.
Emphasizes organizational culture and its relevance in organizational effectiveness.
Table of Contents:
Section I: Introduction
1. New Paradigms of Managing Challenges to Indian Corporate Enterprises
2. Concept and Components of Strategic Management
3. Strategic Management Process A Synoptic View
4. Corporate Governance in Corporate Enterprises
Section II: Scanning Business Environment-Processes and Techniques
5. Scanning Macro Environment
6. Scanning Competitive Environment
7. Scanning Internal Environment
8. Value Creation and Competitive Advantage
Section III: Dynamics of Strategy Making
9. Formulating Corporate Objectives
10. Developing Competitive Strategy for a Firm
11. Crafting Corporate Strategy
12. Devising Strategy for a Diversified Company
13. Making Strategy for Mergers and Acquisitions
14. Designing Strategy for Entering Overseas Market
15. Strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility
Section IV: Strategy Implementation and Strategic Audit
16. Strategy ImplementationA Synoptic View
17. Organising for Competitive Advantage
18. Cultural Dynamics and Strategy Execution
19. Strategy Execution through Leadership
20. Strategic Audit and Recycling
Section V: Real Life Indian Cases in Strategic Management
21. A Guide to Using the Case Studies in Strategic Management