The concept of Operations Management is universally applicable to all functions including Production, Materials, Human Resources, Marketing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Operations Management is an effective and efficient way of carrying out a business process (manufactur-ing or service sector) aimed at maximization of Customer Satisfaction and Return On Investment. The concept of productivity implies effectiveness and efficiency in individual and organizational performance, reflected in the creation of surplus through productive operations.
This book provides readers with an easy-to-understand treatment of all aspects of Operations Management and explains the expanded coverage of the role of Operations Management in the organization. Manufacturing and service operations are given equal treatment.
This book Useful for Management students.
1. Operations Management
2. Facilities Planning: Plant Location, Plant Layout and Material Handling
3. Holistic Management Practice for World-Class Performance and Leadership
4. Quality and Its Definitions, Concepts and Features
5. Statistical Process Control
6. Production Planning, Control and Scheduling
7. Productivity Improvement Techniques
8. Work Study
9. World-Class Manufacturing Technique
10. Supply Chain Management
11. Service Quality
12. Service Quality Research and Subject Development
13. Theory of Constraints (TOC)
14. Basic Inventory Concepts
15. Managing Material Flow
16. Forecasting Methods
17. Introduction to Operations Research
Appendix • References • Index