Logistics Management by Satish C. Ailawadi, Rakesh P. Singh
To retain their market share in today’s competitive business, companies are coming up with high value, low price products. To cut their costs, they are striving hard to identify the cash-consuming areas in their operations. Logistics is one of them, as its scope ranges from the procurement and management of the raw materials through to the delivery of the final product. This book, now in its Second Edition, continues to provide theoretical and practical expertise in logistics management.
The book begins with an introduction to the elements of logistics management and then moves on to explain operating objectives of integrated logistics, barriers to internal integration and principles of logistics information. It also deals with forecasting, inventory management policies, warehousing and highlights various aspects of logistics management and logistical organization. The book contains case studies in the Indian context to give a practical flavour to the subject.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Management students.
Table Content :
1. Elements of Logistics Management
2. Operating Objectives of Integrated Logistics
3. Barriers to Internal Integration
4. Principles of Logistics Information
6. Inventory Planning
7. Inventory Management Policies
9. Materials Handling and Packaging
11. Logistics Costing
12. Outsourcing Considerations
13. Logistical Measurement
14. Logistical Organization
15. Storehouse Operations and Control
16. Integrated Global Logistics
Bibliography • Index