I am deeply indebted to the students and teachers who have patronised this book. Their overwhelming response and widespread appreciation have encouraged me to undertake a thorough revision of the book. I have thoroughly revised and updated this book in the light of the new syllabus. Model test papers have also been revised so as to meet fully the requirements of the new syllabus. Question Bank has been enlarged at the end of each chapter to help the students prepare for the annual examinations.
This book Useful for Class 11th Student.
• This book is designed strictly according to the latest syllabus for ISC (Class XI) prescribed by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations.
• The chapters have been sequenced in the same order as given in the syllabus released by the Council.
• The problems have been carefully selected and well graded keeping in mind their dufficulty levels.
• A few chapters have been thoroughly revised and rehashed.
• In keeping with the modern trend and also the requirements of various entrance examinations, like IIT, AIEEE, etc., effort has been made to lay stress on mathematical accuracy. In addition, certain important from past papers of various competitive examinations have been included appropriately.
• Chapter Tests have been provided at the end of each chapter for reinforcement of the concepts discussed in it.
• Chapter-wise Multiple Choice Questions included at the end of the book.
The Model Test Papers given at the end are based on the guidelines and marking
scheme provided by the Council and have been prepared by Mr. S. Ganguly, Senior Maths Teacher, St. Thomas College, Dehradun. We hope these will prove highly useful in understanding the standers expected by the framers of the new syllabus. The authors are deeply grateful to him for providing his valuable assistance.
Section - A
1. Sets And Functions
4. Coordinate Geometry
6. Statistics And Probability
7. Measures Of Dispersion
Section - B
1. Conic Section
2. Introduction To 3-dimensional Geometry
Section - C