How to Become a Human Calculator by Aditi Singhal
This book is a compilation of a series of easy methods to do fast calculations. I am hopeful that this book will help children to fight their Maths Phobia effectively. My sincere appreciation to Ms. Aditi Singhal for her commendable work in helping out the students with the skill sets needed for effective students.
Audience of the Book :
This book is useful for Class 9,11,12 students.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Step-by-step approach toward mathematical calculations
2. Simple and easy language to facilitate understanding
3. Important points highlighted by the use of different colors and tabular presentation
Table of Contents:
Preface - Can I Be a Human Calculator?
Why should I calculate mentally when I have a calculator?
What is Vedic Mathematics?
0. Vedik Maths-E Magic
1. Two basic concepts of Vedic Mathematics
2. Subtraction at one look
3. Multiplications with 9999....in less than 5 seconds
4. Magic with 11
5. Multiplyung by 12 (without using 12)
6. Cheeking your answers (removing silly mistakes)
7. Multiplication of numbers near the bases
8. Multiplication by 5,25,50,250,500...
9. Vertical & Crosswise Multiplication
10. Interesting squares
11. Finding squares
14. Long division in one line (the crowning glory)
15. Square roots in one line
16. Cube roots at a Glance
18. Magic Division
19. Checking Division
20. 500 Years Calendar
21. Applications of Vedic Maths in Competition Exams