Vocabulary At Your Fingertips by M. C. Sreevalsan
The more words you know, the better you are able to communicate. So that others are able to understand exactly what you mean, you need to pick up your words precisely. This develops others´ trust and confidence in you, as also strengthens your own confidence in yourself.
The author´s earlier book "Spoken English — A Hands-on Guide to English Conversation Practice" that became a bestseller in the very first year of its release, is already helping students attain fluency in speech. The present book teaches the use of appropriate words in everyday situations. It is meant for those who can already read, understand and write English well.
The exercises in the book have been so designed that you may guess the meanings of words introduced from their context. A series of subsequent exercises on the same words help you to reinforce and ingrain them in your mind so that you are able to recall them quickly and at will.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for English Grammar.
1. Planned in a definite pattern, and breaks monotony by interspersing different kinds of exercises
2. Teaches general and specialized words
3. Exercises devised so that the learner can´t help becoming familiar with the spellings of words, their meanings and usage.
4. Makes the learner guess the meanings of words intelligently, then reinforces them into memory for subsequent recall
Table of Content:
1. Words are an Expression Tool
2. Communicating Effectively is an Art
3. The More Words You Know, the Better
4. Personality Traits
5. Talking About Marriage
6. Reaching Out
7. New Horizons
8. Flying High
9. Gadgets and Their Uses
10. Housing Words
11. English is a Rich Language
12. Precision, Not Rhetoric, is the Key
13. Express Yourself Effectively
14. Medical Specialists
15. Branches of Science
16. Leave No Room for Confusion
17. Forget Not the Grammar
18. Step-by-Step to the Top
19. What Do You Call Them?
20. Travel Terms
21. A Century of Words
22. Words that Go with Prepositions
23. Of the Foreign Origin
24. Famous Phrases
25. Mixed Bag, AU REVOIR