Geography (Geography Of Disaster Management) by Prof. Rajkumar D. Kamble
It is a matter of great pleasure for us to present this book to our esteemed readers. This book has been designed as standard text on 'Geography of Disaster Management' for S. Y. B. A.
This book comprehensively covers the entire syllabus of S. Y. B. A. Course of savitribai Phule Pune University effective from 2014 onwards. It has been written to meet the requirements of students of S. Y. B. A.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for B.A. Students.
1. Full coverage of the revised syllabus of S. Y. B. A.
2. Chapter outline at the beginning of each chapter to give a bird’s eye view of the topics covered in the chapter.
3. Point wise explanation of each topic in the chapter.
4. Topics are logically arranged in numbered paragraphs exactly according to the modifid syllabus.
5. Proposed questions at the end of each chapter.
6. Extensive use of diagrams, tables and various forms to give visual view of key concepts and techniques.
7. Conversational, lucid and simple language.
Every effort has been made to provide the readers with most up-to-date and
authentic material on the subject.
Table of Content:
1. Introduction to Hazards and Disasters
2. Basic Concepts in Disaster Management
3. Disaster Management and Measures
4. Climatic Disasters and their Management
5. Geological and Geomorphic Disasters and their Management
6. Anthropogenic Disasters and their Management
7. Global Issues and Movements
8. Case Studies of Disaster Managements