This authoritative dictionary is designed to help readers expand vocabulary and language skills to reach appreciative levels and then exceed that! Hence, pick up the various ways to explain the meaning of idioms, phrases and proverbs, besides interpreting figurative language, such as metaphors and similes. The volume is composed of four separate sections:
4. Metaphors and Similes
This book Useful for Competitive Exams.
1. Sentences focussed on figurative language and sayings
2. Includes common idioms, popular phrases, witty proverbs, metaphors and similes.
3. Contains hyperbole and adages at appropriate places
4. Organized into A-Z format with sentences at easy and moderate levels
5. Allows readers to develop and then apply new skills of expression
6. Aligns to the English and Foreign words currently in popular use Benefits
7. Produces a complete understanding of common idioms
8. Provides recognizing the meaning of popular phrases
9. Encourages readers to understand and relate to witty proverbs
10. Develops the ability to use metaphors and similes
11. Introduces adage and hyperbole
12. Improves vocabulary and enhances knowledge of word meanings
13. Polishes persuasive, descriptive and narrative writing skills