Through The Ages History & Civics For Class - VI by Tapati Das Gupta, Kanchan Churiwalla
Through the Ages, History and Civics for classes 6 to 8 follows the latest syllabus guidelines of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. Presented in a systematic manner, the books narrate mankind’s wonderful journey through the ages starting from pre-historic ages to the modern times.
The series presents history in a manner that triggers the inquisitiveness of the child. It is not just about kings and queens, but a documentation of the events of the past, the rise and fall of civilizations, and the lives and achievements of the common as well as illustrious people. The civics section has been dealt in a manner in which the student can easily relate to in the context of everyday situations. It aims to help them become responsible members of the society.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Class VI Students.
1. Key Concepts defined at the beginning of each chapter
2. Attractive layout with colourful pictures and maps.
3. In-text elements to supplement the concepts taught.
4. Timelines for better understanding of chronology.
5. An attractive doublespread that displays pictorial snippets with additional and interesting information on a topic discussed in the book
6. Interesting stories about personalities and rulers discussed in the chapters
7. Variety of exercises to test the level of understanding
8. Activities to reinforce learning
9. Picture study allows to gauge the observational skill of the students and also their interpretation of the topic discussed
Table of Content:
1. The Indus Valley Civilization
2. Civilization of the Fertile Crescent
3. The Egyptian Civilization
4. The Chinese Civilization
5. The Early Vedic Age
6. The Later Vedic Age
7. Rise of Jainism and Buddhism
8. Rise of Magadha
9. The Mauryan Empire
10. The Gupta Empire
11. Local Self-Government in the Villages
12. Urban Local Self-government