Simplified Six Sigma - Methodology, Tools And Implementation by N. Gopalakrishnan
This compact and concise text, based on the rich and vast experience of the author gained while training thousands of individuals, explains in detail what Six Sigma is and why it is necessary to adapt the process. It explains the methodology, tools to be used, and the Six Sigma implementation process.
The book describes how to define a problem, how to measure the key inputs and outputs, and how to collect and analyse the data. It discusses the method of identifying the problems, solutions and, with this, to improve the problem process to get Six Sigma output on a continuous basis. The book gives details of how to impart training on the Six Sigma concepts, tools and implementation methodology to master black belts, black belts and green belts. It contains a detailed syllabus for the training, and the method of selecting the trainers.
This book should prove extremely useful to students of engineering, especially Production/Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering and Management, and postgraduate students of business management. It will be of immense value to all the organisations which wish to achieve highest quality outputs.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Management, Mechanical & Industrial Engineering students.
Table Content :
1. What is Six Sigma?
2. Symptoms which Indicate the Need for Six Sigma
3. What are the Elements of Six Sigma?
4. Six Sigma Process—Define Phase
5. Six Sigma Tools—Define Phase
6. Six Sigma Process—Measure Phase
7. Six Sigma Tools—Measure Phase
8. Six Sigma Process—Analyze Phase
9. Six Sigma Tools—Analyze Phase
10. Six Sigma Special Tools—Analyze Phase
11. Six Sigma Process—Improve Phase
12. Six Sigma Tools—Improve Phase
13. Six Sigma Process—Control Phase
14. Six Sigma Tools—Control Phase
15. Implementing Six Sigma