SBI PO Previous Year Papers
The SBI PO
(Probationary Officer) exam is a huge draw card for youngsters who aspire for a
stable job in the government-run banking sector. Solving the SBI PO previous year papers
plays a big role in helping you not just clear but also ace one of this competitive exam for one
of the most popular jobs in the country. Constantly putting your preparation levels to test with
these question papers gives you a clear idea about the exam pattern, types of questions asked,
difficulty level and marking schemes. Being well aware of what awaits you inside the
examination hall enables you to take on the challenge head on and emerge successful.
Understanding the Exam Pattern
Solving SBI PO previous years papers has becomes even more imperative since the exam
pattern was revised in 2016. Attempting previous years’ question papers helps you
understand the exam pattern thoroughly. The SBI PO exam entails a three-tier process of
selection that includes preliminary exam, main exam, group exercises and interview.
When it comes to solving previous years’ papers your focus should be on the prelims and
The preliminary exam is an hour-long objective type test with three sections comprising 100
questions carrying a weightage of 100 marks. There is also negative marking of 0.25 for
every wrong answer. Aspirants are required to make it past sectional and overall cut off in
this exam to qualify for mains.
The main exam is divided in two parts – objective and descriptive. The objective-type section
of the SBI PO Main exam carries 200 marks whereas the description section accounts for 50.
Both the tests are conducted online. Candidates are required to first complete the objective-
type portion of the exam and then take the descriptive exam on the same day. The objective-
type test comprises four sections that need to be finished in three hours. There is also a time
limit for attempting each section. The descriptive test is aimed at testing candidates’ English
writing and proficiency skills. This 30-min test is further divides into two sections – essay
and letter writing.
How to Approach the SBI PO Previous Year Papers
It is one thing to know the exam pattern in theory, quite another experience how it pans out in
actuality. To make the most of the process of attempting SBI PO previous year papers as part
of your preparation process, you need to adopt a well-structured approach:
- Go through the question papers at least a couple of times to understand the difficulty
level of the examination.
- For your first attempt at a previous year paper, start with sections that you are
confident in, tackling questions that you find most easy first.
- If you find yourself stuck at a particular question, move on to the next. Approach
these papers as you would the actual exam and keep reminding yourself that you are
working against a deadline here.
- Once you have finished attempting all the questions that you were confident about,
use whatever time you have left to revisit the remaining ones.
- Assess your performance with complete objectivity with an aim to zero-in on the
areas you need to work on. Revisit these concepts and topics from a fresh perspective.
- Study the explanation and solution of every question to understand your mistakes as
well as the right technique to approach a question in a competitive exam.
Benefits of Solving SBI PO Previous Year Papers
The benefits of solving previous years’ papers during the course of your preparation can be
manifold. The top advantages include:
- he exam pattern changes every now and then and SBI PO previous year papers can
help you stay abreast with latest SBI PO syllabus and pattern..
- The SBI PO past year papers are the best source of getting a reality check on your
own capabilities vis-a-vis the nature of the exam.
- The process of solving the SBI PO previous year papers regularly helps you devise
effective strategies for approaching the exam
- Get SBI PO Previous Year Papers for Prelims and Mains available for PDF download
in Hindi as well as English.
- Our SBI PO previous year solved papers will help you to know the solution for each
question in a step by step manner
At KopyKitab, you can find an exhaustive collection of SBI PO previous year papers to help
you take on new challenges at every step of the way during your preparation and strengthen
your odds of success.