Professional Hotel Management
In these days of globalization many aspects need be taken into account for managing a hotel. In the hospitality industry, consumer satisfaction is the foremost and decisive factor in its success. The people at the helm of affairs in the hotel industry should know the multidimensional elements of the business. The staff of the hotel must be thoroughly aware of the food culture and the related aspects of a particular item. All the relevant things need be done from the management side for the traveller to feel at home in their hotel. Because the visitors, especially the foreigners, are the ambassadors of different cultures and civilizations, they spread and assimilate various cultures and lifestyles across the globe. Hence, the degree of hospitality should always be kept at the level of global standards.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. This revised edition provides a practical, up-to-date and comprehensive approach to how professionals across the industry manage different departments within their operation.
2. Multidimensional case studies are a notable feature, with complex management problems portrayed from multiple viewpoints. Covering the latest issues affecting the industry, this text gives students and professionals an up-to-date, dynamic learning resource.
3. Understanding of the dynamic nature of the tourism and hospitality industry.
Table of Contents:
1. PRINCIPLES AND CONCEPTS
2. PLANNING DESIGNING AND CONSTRUCTION OF HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS
3. MANAGEMENT AND ORGANISATION
4. HOTEL GUEST RELATIONSHIP
6. FOOD AND BEVERAGES : PRODUCTION SALES AND SERVICE
7. SALES AND MARKETING TECHNIQUES
8. ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE
9. ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
10. SAFETY AND SECURITY
11. HOSPITALITY AND FACILITIES
12. FINANCE, ACCOUNTING, AUDIT, BUDGET & CONTROL
13. PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT