Hospitality and tourism is an emerging market in India with immense potential to generate revenue and employment. This book encourages students to take up the interdisciplinary field of hospitality and tourism management as a career. It endeavours to provide the fundamentals and a full overview of the tourism and hospitality industry in India.
The book is the result of a long research, collection of relevant data, and a concerted effort towards interpreting and presenting it in a relevant shape for the readers.
This book Useful for Commerce And Management.
1. Origin, functioning and scope of travel agencies and the hospitality industry in India explained
2. Focus on the relationship between tourism and hospitality industries in the Indian context
3. Charts, maps and images for easy understanding of concepts
2. Tourism as an Industry
3. e-Commerce and Online Communication in Tourism
4. Tourism Products and Its Characteristics
5. Tourism: The Cultural Heritage
6. Tourism Services: Role of Travel Agencies
7. Tourism Services: Role of Tour Operators
8. Role of Various Agencies in Tourism
9. Tourism Linking the World
10. Hospitality Industry: Origin, Nature, Importance and Its Organizational Structure
11. Star Categorization of Hotel
12. Hotel Revenue Centres
13. Hotel: Coordination between Departments
14. Classification of Hotel on the Basis of Location, Clientele, Size and Ownership
15. Hospitality Etiquettes and Guest Handling