Pharmacology involves the study of the drug action on the body. It includes finding out how a particular drug produces beneficial and adverse effects on the body. Pharmacologists aim to develop a better understanding of drugs and their actions on biological systems for the improvement of human health.
An undergraduate student of pharmacy always faces problem in understanding the subject because of unproven disease mechanism and lengthy language. In an attempt to remedy this, texts of this book are given in point wise and in precise manner along with illustrations whenever is necessary which will help the student in understanding and remembering the text.
The book covers the brief pathophysiology, updated classification of drug, pharmacokinetic profile, pharmacological actions, adverse effects, contraindications, drug interaction and uses in detail for each drug. The text cover the disease mechanism whenever is necessary which will help to understand treatment module. For exam point of view a book also covers the important questions at the beginning and at the end of each chapter. I have hoped that this book of pharmacology will simplify the subject for the students of pharmacology.
This book Useful for Pharma Student.
1. General Anaesthetics
2. Local Anaesthetics
3. Alcohols and Alcoholism
5. Anti-anxiety Drugs
6. Sedatives and Hypnotics
7. Antidepressant Drugs
8. Antimanic Drugs / Mood Stabilising Agents
9. CNS Stimulants
10. Antiepileptic Drugs
11. Pharmacotherapy of Parkinson's Disease
12. Pharmacotherapy of Alzheimer’s Disease
13. Opioid Analgesics and Antagonists
14. Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Agents
15. Pharmacotherapy of Rheumatoid Arthritis
16. Pharmacotherapy of Gout
17. Drugs used in Bronchial Asthma and COPD
18. Nasal Decongestants, Expectorants, and Antitussive Agents
19. Pharmacotherapy of Peptic Ulcer
20. Pharmacology of Emetics and Anti-emetics
21. Pharmacotherapy of Constipation
22. Pharmacotherapy of Diarrhoea
23. Question Bank of Pune University B. Pharm Pharmacology Examination