The subject of Pharmaceutical Engineering has become more and more popular now-a-days, though it was introduced in the B. Pharm curriculum quite some time back. It deals with Unit Operations involved in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Biological Products Preparation, Extractions, etc. So, it occupies an important position in Pharmaceutical Industry which attracts global attention today.
I would like to emphasize here that Experiments of Pharmaceutical Engineering has become an important part of the syllabi of most Indian Universities. The experiments given in this book are based on Unit Operations of Engineering and are extracted from various sources and also in consultation with senior and experienced professors of Pharmacy. I have been teaching this subject for over one decade and have always felt the necessity of a good manual (book) containing Experiments and Procedures based on proper principles. This need was also keenly felt by my other colleagues in the profession, but somehow it was never fulfilled due to various reasons. However, with Mr. Jignesh Furia of M/s. Nirali Publishers agreeing to publish this book, it has become a reality and I express my deep sense of gratitude to him.
This book Useful for B. Pharma student.
I. HEAT TRANSFER
1. Determination of overall Heat Transfer Co-efficient
2. Determination of Radiation Constant of Iron Cylinder
3. Determination of Radiation of Constant of Copper Cylinder
4. Determination of Radiation of Constant of Brass Cylinder
5. Determination of Humidity of Air by Dew Point Method
6. Determination of Humidity of Air by Psychrometer
7. Construction of Drying Curves and the Determination of Equilibrium Moisture Constant
IV. SIZE REDUCTION AND SIZE SEPARATION
8. Size Analysis by Sieving Method and Construction of Frequency Distribution Curves
9. Size Reduction by Ball Mill
10. Construction of Boiling Point Diagram
11. Efficiency of Steam Distillation
VI. FLOW OF FLUIDS
12. Determination of Rate of Flow of Fluid by Venturimeter
13. Factors affecting Flow of Fluids
14. Solubility Curve
15. Effect of Filter Aid on Filtration
16. Effect of factors affecting Filtration