It is indeed a matter of great pride that, the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), New Delhi has framed Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) course regulations 2014. The Physical Pharmaceutics-II is a very important subject at Second year of the course of B. Pharm. programme. It is a great pleasure to present this book in the hands of readers. The book is strictly written as per syllabus framed by PCI under Section 6, 7 & 8 of Regulation 2014. I have made an attempt to make this subject and the concepts of the experiment more simple and understandable to the budding pharmacy student readers. The sequence of experiments given in syllabus is maintained while writing the script. In this book wherever needed full forms and abbreviations, pictorial diagrams, tabular data, examples of formulation including marketed products and manufacturers are given. Model questions generally asked during synopsis and viva voce examinations are given at the end of every experiment to exercise on experiment performed.
This book Useful for Pharmacy students.
1. Determination of particle size, particle size distribution using sieving method
2. Determination of particle size, particle size distribution using Microscopic method
3. Determination of bulk density, true density and porosity
4. Determine the angle of repose and influence of lubricant on angle of repose
5. Determination of viscosity of liquid using Ostwald’s viscometer
6. Determination sedimentation volume with effect of different suspending agent
7. Determination sedimentation volume with effect of different concentration of single suspending agent
8. Determination of viscosity of semisolid by using Brookfield viscometer
9. Determination of reaction rate constant first order.
10. Determination of reaction rate constant second order
11. Accelerated stability studies