The purpose of this book is to introduce the basics of home science and its applied branches comprising of Food and Nutrition Science, Clothing and Textile Science, Human Resources Management, Human Development and Communication & Extension. Each of this area is multi-disciplinary in nature dealing with the 'Art and Science of Living'. Hence, the book is written on the basis of new syllabus recommended by C.B.S.E. for class XII students. The book has considerable emphasis on integrated approach of combining theory and practical.
With large number of enrollments there is a great demand for book on this subject. The book is being written to cater to this demand. This book has been written to provide knowledge and information as per needs and demands of new syllabus. The topics are being presented to make it easy for students to understand the concept and prepare for examination.
To make the book interactive quiz section has been introduced in the middle of each chapter and at the end of the chapter questions are given for preparation of examination.
This book Useful for Class XII Students.
1. Growth and Development : Domains and Principles
2. Adolescence : Meaning, Characteristics and Needs
3. Adolescence : Identity Formation and Factors
4. Adolescence : Specific Issues and Concerns
5. Adulthood and Old Age
6. Meal Planning
7. Modification for People with Special Dietary Needs
8. Food Group and Selection of Foods
9. Safe Food and Quality
10. Safety Against Food Adulteration
11. Therapeutic Diet
12. Nutrition in Various Diseases
13. Money Management
14. Family Income
15. Savings and Investments
16. Consumer Protection and Education
17. Elements of Art, Principles of Design : Concept and Applications
18. Selection of Fabrics and Apparel
19. Care and Maintenance of Clothes
20. Principles of Stain Removal
21. Storage of Clothes
22. Water Safety
23. Income Generation Schemes
24. Home Science and its Scopes