The purpose of this book is to initiate the understanding about Home Science. In the past years, Home Science has undergone various changes in its content and focus. This book is written on the basis of the new syllabus recommended by C.B.S.E. for class XI students. It has brought togeteher latest concepts of Home Science and the ways to impart the subject in a technical way. Home Science as a discipline, incorporates in its curriculum pertinent life skills that help students succeed independent of their chosen career paths. The most important aspect of a Home Science education is that students not only learn about the subject matter that has relevance to their present lives, but will constantly be of use as they continue to grow.
Home Science is a mix of theory and practical. The book is divided into six units. To make it more interactive, diagramatic representations of theoretical concept and tools for self analysis are provided at the end of each chapter. These will help students during the course of the preparation for the examination. This book also provides interactive practical assignments as per the syllabus.
This book Useful for Class XI Students.
1. Concept of Home Science and its Scope
2. Infancy (Birth to 2 years)
4. Protection from Preventable Diseases
5. Substitute Care at Home and Outside
6. Managing Emergencies
7. Concept of Food, Nutrition and Health
8. Selection of Food for Optimum Nutrition and Good Health
11. Food Selection, Purchase and Storage
12. Food Preservation and Processing
13. Principles, Methods and Reasons for Cooking
14. Family and Community Resources
16. Time, Energy and Space Management
17. Space Management and Elements of Art
18. Introduction of Fibre Science
19. Fabric Construction
20. Fabric Finishes
21. Respect for Girl Child
22. Media : Concept, Classification, Function
24. Keeping Community Spaces Clean