Molecular Biology by Dr. P.S. Verma, Dr. V.K. Agarwal
This textbook of Molecular Biology contains 16 chapters and about 392 pages. It is hoped that this book will open new vistas for the readers and it will serve them immensely. With the help of simple text, numerous figures, many tables, boxes, and colored photographs, authors have tried to craft a balanced account of Molecular Biology. Problems at the end of some chapters have tried to show our readers the way of solving the Molecular Biological Problems. Answers to selected problems and Multiple Choice Questions may help our readers.
Audience of the Book :
This book is Useful for B.Sc students.
Table of Contents:
1. Identification of the Genetic materials
2. Chemical Nature of Genetic Materials (i.e., DNA and RNA)
3. Organization of Genetic Material
4. Plasmids, IS Elements, Transposons and Retroelements
5. Multigene Families
6. DNA Replication
8. Messenger RNA (Coding RNA)
9. Ribosomal RNA (rRNA) and Transfer RNA (tRNA)
10. Genetic Code
11. Phenotypic Expression of Gene
12. Translation : Protein Synthesis
13. Post-Translational Processing of Proteins
14. Regulation of Gene Action in Bacteria and Viruses.
15. Regulation of Gene Action in Eukaryotes
16. Alteration in the Genetic Material (Point Mutation)