DYNAMICS By Dr. M.D. RAISINGHANIA
This book on dynamics has been specially written to meet the requirements of under-graduate and Honours students of Mathematics, Physics and Engineering, and those preparing for I.A.S., I.F.S. and other competitive examinations. This book contains complete unified U.G.C. syllabus of mathematics recommended by the board constituted by the University Grants Commission of India.
Some important problems have been added and solved in the miscellaneous set of problem which was introduced in last edition of this book. Some articles have been re-written to bring more clarity in the discussion of theory. Referenced to the latest papers of various universities have been inserted at proper places.
Audience of the Book :
DYNAMICS[Containing complete unified U.G.C. syllabus for BA/B.Sc. (General and Honours) Part II Mathematics](WITH OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS).For Under-graduate, Honours and Post Graduate courses of Mathematics, Physics and Engineering students of all Indian Universities/Institutions.Competitive examinations like P.C.S. etc.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. The matter has been presented in a simple and lucid language, so that students themselves shall be able to understand the solutions of the problems.
2. Each chapter opens with necessary definitions and complete proofs of the standard theorems and results. These in turn are followed by solved examples which have been classified in various types and methods. This classification will help the students to revise the subject matter at the time of examination without losing any confidence.
3. Care has been taken not to omit even a minor step so that the students can understand everything without the guidance of a teacher. Hence even an average student will be able to grasp the subject matter easily. Furthermore, the problems have been graded in every chapter to instill confidence in the students.
4. Up-to-date yearwise reference of various examination papers have been given throughut the book.
5. At the end of each chapter objective type questions have been given in keeping with the latest trend of question papers.
6. This book serves as a suitable textbook, help book, reference book and question bank for all examinations.
Table of Contents:
1. Basic Concepts Of Dynamics
2. Work,Power,Energy And Impulse, System Of Particles And Conservation Principles
3. Rectilinear Motion With Variable Acceleration
4. Simple Harmonic Motion (S.H.M)
5. Plane Kinematics
7. Direct And Oblique Impacts
8. Constrained Motion In Vertical And Horizontal Circles
9. Central Orbits
10.The Inverse Square Law 11.Constrained Motion In A Plane
12.Motion In Resisting Medium. Motion On Rough Curves.Motion When The Mass Moving Varies
13.Motion In Three Dimensions
14.Moments And Products Of Interita
15.D'Alembert'S Principle.The General Equations Of Motion
16.Motion About A Fixed Axis
17.Some Aspects Of Rigid Body Dynamics