This book provides the students with a solid foundation in the technology of microprocessors and microcontrollers, their principles and applications. It comprehensively presents the material necessary for understanding the internal architecture as well as system design aspects of Intels legendary 8085 and 8086 microprocessors and Intels 8051 and 8096 microcontrollers.
The book throughout maintains an appropriate balance between the basic concepts and the skill sets needed for system design. Besides, the book lucidly explains the hardware architecture, the instruction set and programming, support chips, peripheral interfacing, and cites several relevant examples to help the readers develop a complete understanding of industrial application projects. Several system design case studies are included to reinforce the concepts discussed.
With exhaustive coverage and practical approach, the book would be indispensable to undergraduate students of Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, and Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. It can be used for a variety of courses in Microprocessors, Microcontrollers, and Embedded System Design.
The second edition of the book introduces additional topics like I/O interfacing and programming, serial interface programming, delay programming using 8086 and 8051. Besides, many more examples and case studies have been added.
Preface Preface to the First Edition
1. System Design Using Microprocessor
2. What a Microprocessor Is
3. Intel 8085 MicroprocessorHardware Architecture
4. Intel 8085 MicroprocessorInstruction Set and Programming
5. Intel 8086Hardware Architecture
6. Intel 8086 MicroprocessorInstruction Set and Programming
7. MicroprocessorPeripheral Interfacing
8. System Design Using Intel 8085 and Intel 8086 MicroprocessorsCase Studies
9. Intel 8051 MicrocontrollerHardware Architecture
10. Intel 8051 MicrocontrollerInstruction Set and Programming
11. The 8051 Microcontroller-Based System DesignCase Studies
12. Intel 8096 MicrocontrollerHardware Architecture
13. Intel 8096 MicrocontrollerInstruction Set and Programming
14. The 8096 Microcontroller-Based System DesignCase Studies