| About The Book Mechanical Sciences
Primarily intended for undergraduate students of all engineering disciplines, this comprehensive and up-to-date text strives to meet the long-felt need for a single book that covers Engineering Mechanics as well as Strength of Materials.
The text is organized in three parts. Parts I and II provide an easily understandable presentation of the theory along with systematic application of the principles of statics and dynamics to engineering problems. Part III covers the basic topics in strength of materials in a clear, simple, direct fashion that uses an abundance of examples to clarify principles.
• Clear and simple diagrams to explain concepts
Table of Contents:
Foreword. Preface. Notation.
Part I: STATICS-
1. Introduction to Engineering Mechanics.
2. Scalar and Vector Analysis.
3.Statics of Particles.
4.Equivalent Systems of Forces of Rigid Bodies.
5.Equilibrium of Rigid Bodies.
6. Analysis of Simple Structures.
7. Centroid and Moment of Inertia.
9. Virtual Work.
10. Simple Lifting Machines.
Part II: DYNAMICS-
11. Kinematics of Particles and Rigid Bodies.
12. Kinetics of Particles and Rigid Bodies.
13. Mechanical Vibrations.
Part III: STRENGTH OF MATERIALS-
14.Simple Stresses and Strains.
15.Relations between Elastic Constants.
16.Composite Bars and Temperature Stresses.
17. Strain Energy-Impact Loading.
18. Shear Force and Bending Moment Diagram.
19. Deflection of Beams.
20. Principal Stresses.
21. Stresses in Thin Walled Pressure Vessels.
22. Torsion of Shafts.