Due to recent changes in course contents in some of technical institutions, it was felt necessary to make the book up-to-date as per latest syllabuses of Technical Universities.
Accordingly new chapters on Contracting and Process Planning have been added in this edition. We are confident that this revised edition will meet the requirements of the readers to a large extent.
This book has been written for the students preparing for degree examinations of all the Technical Universities across India. It will be equally useful for the Diploma students of various technical boards.
We have presented the subject matter in a simplified manner. Examples have been added after every few articles of theory, so that students may understand the matter even without any guidance. At the end of each chapter carefully graded plenty of solved examples have also been added. For the purpose of practice unsolved problems are also added at the end of each chapter. We hope that variety of fully solved examples will certainly help the students and lecturers who may use it.
Authors will appreciate receiving comments and suggestions from readers for the improvement of the book.
Authors are thankful to the Publisher for their keen interest in bringing out this edition in time.
This book Useful for Machanical Engineering Students.
1. Technical Terms
2. Estimating And Costing
3. Elements Of Cost
4. Material Costing
5. Labour Costing
6. Material Cost Economics
7. Inventory Control
8. Indirect Expenses And Depriciation
10. Estimation Of Materials Cost
11. Estimation In Machine Shop
12. Estimation In Sheet Metal Shop
13. Estimation In Forging Shop
14. Estimation In Wedling Shop
15. Pattern Making And Foundry Shop
16. Tools, Jigs And Fixtures
17. Engineering And Managerial Economics
18. Launching An Industry (Entrepreneurship)
19. Project Planning
20. Elements Of Economics
21. Break-even Analysis & Equipment Replacement Analysis
22. Financial Management
23. Book-keeing And Accounts
24. Budget And Budgetary Control
25. Cost Accounting, Cost Control And Cost Reduction
27. Process Planning