Mathematics is an essential ingredient in the education of a student of mathematics or physics or a professional physicist, indeed in the education of any professional scientist or engineer.Mathematical Physics examines the mathematical basis underlying in theoretical physics and provides a strong conceptual understanding of physics as a wider discipline to the keen student. Research scholars and scientists will also find a lot to interest and instruct them in this interestingly conceptualized book that brings some fundamental concepts of mathematics and physics together in a novel way.
Some of the topics covered by the author in this text are vectors, tensors, matrices, group theory, beta, gamma and error functions, complex variables, differential equations, harmonics (with special functions), Fourier´s series, integrals and transforms, Hankel transforms, the Laplace transforms, diffusion, wave and Laplace´s equations, Maxwell's electromagnetic field equations, special theory of relativity, and statistical probability.
This book also contains a lot of solved and unsolved questions that students can practice on, so as to help them master the topics covered in the chapters with ease. This updated edition of Mathematical Physics has undergone careful revision and has been updated to include the latest discoveries and studies in its field. The fourth edition Mathematical Physics was published by Vikas Publishing House in 2009, and is available in paperback.
The Fourth Edition of the book has been thoroughly revised and updated keeping in mind the requirements of students and the latest UGC syllabus.
The main features of the book are as follows:
1. Exhaustive treatment of the subject.
2. Systematic and logical arrangement of topics.
3. Rigorous explanation of each theorem to facilitate comprehension
4. Worked out examples to clarify concepts
5. Additional problems from university papers for more practice
4. Group Theory
5. Complex Variables
6. Beta, Gamma And Error Functions
7. Differential Equations
8. Harmonics (With Special Functions)
9. Fourier’S Series, Integrals And Transforms
10. The Laplace Transforms
11. Hankel Transforms
12. Diffusion, Wave And Laplace’S Equations
13. Maxwell’S Electromagnetic Field Equations
14. Special Theory Of Relativity
15. Statistical Probability