Materials And Metallurgy by Narang, Manchanda
Present is the age of Technology and Science necessitating a greater skill and knowledge for a technocrates. He is being continually confronted with the complex problems of improving the efficiencies of Structure and Machines under various operating conditions. The need for metallurgical training for technocrates and engineers in various fields has been recognised and approved by various State Boards of Technical Education.
The main purpose of the book is to explain the basic metallurgical phenomenon, to identifY the composition and properties of commercial material and alloys as well as to explain the various metal forming processes.
Audience of the Book :
This book Useful for Mechanical Engineering Students.
Table of Content:
1. Introduction To Engineering Materials And Their Properties
3. Metallurgical Consideration
4. Ferrous Metals And Alloys
5. Non-ferrous Metals And Alloys
6. Heat-treatment Of Steels
7. Identification Of Metals And Alloys
8. Other Important Materials
9. Selection, Specifications And Commercial Availability Of Materials
10. Powder Metallurgy
11. Tool Materials
12. Mechanical Working Of Metals
13. Non-destructive Testing
14. Objective Type Problems
16. Question Bank